April 29, 2008

My weekend fucked yours.

I don't think anyone knows..what i did during the weekend. Well, I just happened to go to Coachella on Saturday. It was so brutally hot out there, but most definitely awesome.
OK OK OK OK OK. I saw some totally great bands/performers, most of which I was familiar with and the cause of my wanting to go soooo bad.
I started the day with the bird and the bee..I didn't know who they were, i just wanted to see the band playing after them. So, that was relatively lovely...there was a mini wind tornado thing going on outside the tent and dick slapping was mentioned. i much enjoyed this song:
something, something be my fucking boyfriend.

Post b&b set i rushed as fast as i could to get in close proximity of the stage for the teenagers. so they came out all festooned in their summer clothes (leonardo di caprio t-shirt was waaaayyyy coool) and started with "feeling better". THE DANCING. THE FUCKING DANCING by the LEAD SINGER GUY. SHITS. It was great. There was some beach ball going around that hit some of the band members and, in return, hit some of the people in the crowd (french muscles were to blame).

post teenagers i went to see kavinsky. woo. that was good beats. klxns remixed. justice remixed too (dur, d.a.n.c.e.). and this young guy was trying to seduce me with his juvenile rave moves. then went to see MGMT. MGMT!! they were much better than i thought they were--psychedelic-like jamming and headband wearing and running around during "kids". Great.


Saw The Jicks (oh! stephen malkmus!). i kinda wish i'd left a little earlier to catch a bit of the kate nash or something...but it was stephen malkmus--who doesn't roll, but uses a bong!


I got a glimpse of hot chip (alas, there were so many people i couldn't get all close) so i went to see death cab for cutie. also a lot of people. it was good, though. they talked of prince at the end:
I'm excited for Prince!!!

Then Calvin Harris. And he had very skinny legs. As did his bass man, who played quite well, getting into it and all...and providing the best back bass to all the songs. I touched Calvin Harris, too. He came up and I reached out and ... we made contact.



Sadly, i had to leave after seeing that delightful scottish lad; i missed checking out portishead and seeing Prince in all his purple glory.
Quite the best day i've had in a while. Too bad i don't think i can go next year (if all goes well i'mma be outta the fuckin country).

No comments: